E.L. Turbon Student Center at St. Philip’s College
Built in the 1940’s, the E.L. Turbon Center is one of the oldest buildings on campus previously serving as the Performing Arts Center. In the 1980’s, the Turbon Center transitioned to the new hub for student activity thanks in part to its central campus location. The scope of work for the renovation and addition included extensive demolition of the original one-story 9,000 SF building so that only the existing concrete columns and roof steel framing would remain. The new two-story addition seamlessly connects to the existing structure and includes: a gaming area, 6-lane bowling alley, bookstore, multipurpose room with exterior balcony area, administrative offices, student organization offices, meeting rooms, video projection rooms, coffee shop, lounge and gathering areas, outdoor seating areas, outdoor amphitheater and patio with trellis.
- 28,266 SF
- Construction Cost: $10.3M
- Completion June 2017